Thursday, December 22, 2011

A December Update

If you know me IRL, you know I live for a good list. Here goes the update bullet point style:

- Josiah will be 18 months old on Christmas Day. How could he possibly be 1 and a half?!? He's currently loving trains, cars, and generally any form of transportation. He also loves Elmo, Eli & Cooper (our pups), giving hugs and kisses, music, fire trucks, our Christmas tree ornaments, and especially his grandparents.

- Matt finished his masters degree this month and is seeking employment. He's working a stop-gap job for now but really needs to find something more permanent. We are praying for God's guidance as we explore new careers.

- Matt's grandparents had a kitchen fire last weekend. It destroyed the kitchen and caused smoke damage to the entire home. Please be in prayer with me as they make a temporary move and try to rebuild. They are in their 80s and have lived in this home for 57 years.

- My mama will be here next week and I'm thrilled! She and J have big plans! My mama isn't exactly a morning person and J likes to get up around 5:30 a.m. =)

- Matt's mom, known as Zuzu by Josiah, graduated with her doctorate degree this month. What an achievement! Lots of family came to town to help celebrate.

- We've have a tough year (more on that later) but God has provided for every financial & emotional need. We are so thankful for His blessings. We look forward to celebrating the birth of our Savior with family in the coming days.

- We survived the Monson Family Stomach Virus of 2011.

- I'm working on a list of resolutions for the new year. I do this every year and every single year I fail. I'm going to try to make realistic, short term goals that I actually have a chance of achieving.

- May we all remember the true meaning of the season!! Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment